Sunday, February 16, 2014

What I Fear




Drawing, painting or coloring everyday, one soon finds oneself with many pictures. The greatest enjoyment for me is the act of  "doing". Sometimes, before I am done, I start a new one, just in case the idea escapes my mind. In fact for this project, I have already made rough sketches for 5 drawings and inking in different stages. When I am done with a drawing, I immediately move on to the next. I am drawing a series. When  one does a series, there is usually a theme, something that holds together the individual pieces. When I look at the finished drawings and the new sketches, I sense a sort of apprehension  as I ask myself, "does this drawing look the same as the other?", "is it kitsch?", " most of all, "is it relevant?"

I hope people will feel great discomfort if not ill at ease with this series. I do.

Did you celebrate Valentine's Day? My husband and I had to work on Friday, so after a pre-Valentine's Thursday bouquet (he said he was avoiding the crowds), we spent Saturday together, doing ordinary things, running errands and talking about the solar system, the milky way, the cosmos, universe, earth, sun and moon, stars, God, atheism, religion... all because I told him I read an article where 1 in 4 Americans does not know that the earth revolves around the sun!

On a separate note, my hard drive crashed yesterday. I am restoring the backed up files... So far the count is 39,465 out of  535,441 files. This is going to take days, perhaps more than a week. While my professional job involves computers and computer programs, I only blog with my personal computer. I tried blogging with my phone and even a tablet as I did with this post. My brain revolts

The joy of being quirky.

I am using color!