4/12/14

Geminis Aries Scorpionis et Piscibus





I thought I was finished with the quick sketch on the left, which I started while watching the Rockets play against the Timberwolves last night. It was supposed to be a square drawing on an 11"x9" Bristol Board but this morning, I did not like looking at the wide margins. The Rockets lost last night. Pfft! They are playing again tonight and I hope they win. 

My husband and son love watching sports on television. I try to join them but I cannot just sit and stare at the screen, so I draw. I hate it when out team loses. The above illustration was inspired by this

Today, I was reading some blog posts and comments from 2009. It was bittersweet to read the comments from four blog friends who have since passed away. Their words sparkle like gems.




4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

such a gorgeous piece Ces!
I love the waves, the sky, four signs in one piece and one of them is mine...

wishing you a good game and another fine drawing.

Tammie Lee said...

yes, and so sad about those who have left us.

Bella Sinclair said...

Whoaaaa, you did this in one sitting? How appropriate that the title of this piece spells G.A.S.P! Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Those old days bring a smile to my face. Tsup

k.h.whitaker said...

beautiful! You are amazing :)