2/7/14

Step By Step, Little By Little and Love



I found a pen, ink and paper combination 
that feels like drawing with pencil. 
So smooth, 
so airy, 
just like feather. 
This is part of a drawing I started today for IF's "Prehistoric". 
Yeah, baby! 
I want to talk about love, 
but then I will find myself rambling.
Love is overwhelming,
as overwhelming as the fullness I feel in my heart as if my chest will explode,
or the lump in my throat that makes it hard to breathe.
I am in love.
Wonder what my oxygen saturation will be if one measured it while I find it hard to breathe,
but then again,
I take a deep breath to relieve the fullness of my chest,
so it evens the oxygen level and gets rid of the carbon dioxide.
Today is my eldest sister's birthday.
That makes me very happy.
I love my sister very much.
Today is my father's thirteenth year death anniversary.
Two days from now,
will be my sister Leah's third year death anniversary.
The latter two makes me sad.
Such is life.
I love my family very much.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That poem is very sweet and such a loving tribute to your loved ones. I'm so sorry for the sorrow that's affected your family and for the losses you've endured. Thank you so much for the step by step shots! Is all of your shading created with stippling little dots? I'm so impressed with how you do that. It's an awesome drawing!

Ces Adorio said...

Hello Katherine, thank you. On this particular drawing, I am using mostly squiggling marks, the same strokes I would use if I was using color pencil, except I am using very fine pens. Thank you for your kindness. God bless you.

Rick Forrestal said...

Thanks for sharing what it's like to find the right pen and paper, to draw "like a feather", to feel overwhelming love. It all makes your elephant quite magnificent.

Ces Adorio said...

Thank you, Rick. Had a lot of time to experiment because it was very cold yesterday, so had no place to go in the evening but draw and sleep.

Bella Sinclair said...

Overwhelming love and overwhelming beauty. The love you feel will never diminish. Happy birthday to your beloved sister.

Your elephant is astounding! It is magical how you can bring it to life.

Tsup