2/28/14

It's Friday and I feel like a kid...

2/28/2014. It's Friday night and I feel like a kid, so excited because I can stay up, not go to sleep and do whatever I feel like doing. Of course at my age I cannot tolerate these late nights any longer, so I cheated a little bit by taking a 3-hour nap after I came home from work. Such simple joys, really. It delights me that my work week is over and I am not on call this weekend. I look forward to a quiet and relaxing weekend. I am drawing. It is 3 AM. Everyone is asleep and now I am so sleepy.

My husband and I were awakened by our daughter at 6:30 AM, Saturday. She was dressed and ready to go to a UIL. This took me by surprise. She did not mention this to me. "It's only a UIL, Mom, no big deal." She will be gone most of the day. I wake up, brew coffee, say goodbye to her and wish her luck. Now I can't go back to sleep because I am awake. I start drawing. I drink coffee and immediately feel good as I savor it's taste. I smile as I remember that coffee commercial with Johan. I brewed a pot of Gevalia Kosta Rican Roast. My mind does a sudden somersault and ride of ideas and thoughts related to coffee beans, it's production, the coffee trade, Hawaii, that store in Central Market selling Batangas gas coffee beans when I was a little girl, my mother, my father, my family, my sisters, my brothers, especially  etc.etc,etc...




No comments: