3/22/13

Swim If You Can







 Pigment ink on 11"X14" Bristol Board



Unbelievable, isn't it? I was able to restrain myself from inking the entire illustration. I wonder if this is progress? Perhaps mediocrity or laziness? At any rate, this drawing is more appropriate for swim that the one I was drawing before the IF prompt arrived in email today: A boy hanging upside down from a blooming Catalpa bignonioides tree with his sister standing by the tree and with blooming hydrangeas in the background. If I can finish it soon, I will post it. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great weekend.



9 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Well, this is just blooming awesome! Even his briefs are checkered. Hehehehehe! Love his hair! So cuuuuute. Tsup tsup tsup!

RIZALENIO said...

Fun. Very summer feel. :)

Rick Forrestal said...

Nice work, Ces, I love it.
And it's good to be back. Thanks for your visit.
Nice and easy does it . . .

Mauricio Abril said...

On the contrary, I find the negative space quite useful to really accentuate your areas of tone and texture. Very well done! Oh, and I've also been thinking about that elephant. I'll let you know soon :)

Tammie Lee said...

this is such a feel good piece! i love looking at it.

Emily said...

Well you know I love negative space, so I think it’s great! ;)
I'll parrot Bella – I love the boy’s wild locks, they work so well with the theme of this piece… Like a touch of Peter Pan – lost boy, playfulness and innocence. A delight Ces.

Ted Blackman said...

Wow, that kid has a great window view, and you know I love negative ANYTHING. ha.
This drawing is great, and it works. I think it's much more difficult to edit details out than to draw everything in. You have to make the right decision as to what is needed and what is not. Less is more.

Ted Blackman said...

Yaaaaaaaay. No comment moderation. Hey, I found that changing my preferences from 'allow all comments' to 'only registered users' stopped the spam-bots from leaving their anonymous crap. I'm giddy!

Lisa Graham said...

100% adorable. I thought the sailboat sails were a video play button at first. Silly me. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Best feature in this drawing...that hair on his head and the tiled floor. Oh how I love how you draw and paint tiled floors. xo