Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall...What The Heck Happened To Me?!







Self Portrait 2009. Actually not. Maybe. Something I drew in 2009 in the car while on a long drive with my family. Sketch book and colored micro pigment ink, photo safe, acid free, archival quality, lightfast, waterproof, fade proof, non-bleeding, the color of the caps indicate the color of the markers. Cnforms to ASTM D-4236, okay I am being facetious. I don't feel well, perhaps because I looked at myself in the mirror and I did not like what I saw.

Yesterday my son told me that he saw a nipple tattoo parlor in the same place his friend was having a  manicure. He asked the proprietress why someone would have a nipple tattoo. With precision imitation Vietnamese accent, he said: "Oh it because your nipple get dark so you can have it pink all the time." There you go! He also told me that women have their eyebrows plucked and permanently tattooed. Ouch!





Gallery - Behance -  Facebook - Society 6



New project: Selling art prints, stationery cards, iPhone covers and skins at Society 6. Somewhat fun but it makes me sit on my butt for a looooooooooong time, that part I don't like. More of that and I will look like the above drawing. It takes a lot of work to prepare files fit for archival art prints but it was time I tried it after my Facebook friends kept nudging me. One good thing, talking about art with friends got them to pick up their brushes, drawing and calligraphy pens again. So check it out. Bookmark my Society 6 profile. This is my first week. I will be updating it with new illustrations.