7/11/12

Under The Microscope



Done.

Nice patterns, yes? Nature is still the best designer.  This was not the most exciting project. I forgot what prompted it. I promised myself I'd illustrate at least a dozen microscopic organisms. Oh yes! Our dog Wheezy had  clostridium difficile. infection. I started reading my microbiology textbook and then reread this amazing book of images scanned by the electron microscope and just started doodling. 
So you think you are hot?!

Today I wore a trench jacket over my long sleeved shirt which had a matching V neck t-shirt underneath. I had at least three layers of clothing, was drinking tea and shivering. Why? It is because my office was freezing, actually not just today but everyday. I think all the extra airconditioning in the building is directed to my office.  

A Gift

Several months ago, I received an email saying that Levenger was sending me a notebook for being a member of Behance. Normally, I will delete this type of email but since  I used to shop at Levenger and always liked their product, I decided to fill out the form. Well tonight I received another email stating the item has been shipped. Wow! 

I am stopping this project because I ran out of 6"x6" Bristol boards and have been cutting the wider pads to size. 



Top: Stentor coeruleus

Left to right: Bifido bacteria - a good bacteria; Barbulanympha ufalula, Clostridium tetani

Left to right: Entamoeba histolytica, amoeba with three pseudopodia, Giardia lamblia

Left to right: Liptospira, Flavobacterium mening-seprcum, Candida albicans

Left to right: Listeria monocytogenes, Loa loa, MRSA


Left to right: Schistosoma mansoni adult male and female worms; Schitosoma mansoni cyst, Stenotrophomonas maltophilia


Left to right: Swarming proteus, hyperflagelated Proteus mirabilis, Vibrio cholera




9 comments:

steveroni said...

THIS is reality Ces. YOU are amazing.

The few cells in my brain
have just multiplied,
and swarming, re-birthing
themselves into a
flagellar arrangement.

Difficult to express the JOY I receive, reading, observing, staring in wonder at your work. All that's left is to write a sincere THANK YOU!

martinealison said...

Je frissonne en admirant l'ensemble des tes dessins... je ne sais pas si je ne vais pas couver quelque chose!... Tu n'as pas précisé si ta publication était contagieuse !
Je pense que mon addiction pour ton art est une douce maladie et que le seul remède est de revenir l'admirer aussi souvent que je le peux... N'est-ce pas là une belle ordonnance ?...

Gros bisous.

Rick Forrestal said...

Great design, yes.
Studying nature is a great way to appreciate her magnificent designs.
:-)

Unknown said...

Nature designs and structures are neatly illustrated in your drawings! Alas, you are emphasizing their forms which have a beauty all their own, not their deleterious effects.

Ces Adorio said...

I don't think you want me to illustrate MRSA infected wounds here or some leg with filariasis? The internet is filled with photographs. Tsup!

Ces Adorio said...

Hehehe. You are a hyperflagelated motorcycle gliding Gemini. Steve, you know what I think is the matter? I am beginning to think that you really like my work. Thank you.

Ces Adorio said...

Be careful what you wish MartineAlison! If that is the case you will need a broad spectrum anti-infective for that!

Ces Adorio said...

I thought it is "his' design. :)

Bella Sinclair said...

Ye gads! Ah needs mah amoxicillin!!!!