11/12/11

A Personal Post and Sharing A Secret

Good morning! This is a very personal post today. What do you think about before you go to bed? What do you look like when you wake up in the morning and what do you think about first thing in the morning? I will address these questions and present images. Please forgive me. Some of these images may prove torturous for some but most especially for me.

If you have been following my blog for a while now, you will know that I oil paint and draw in pen and ink. You may also know about other things. I love trees, especially oak. I also love skies and clouds.



I am okay. No makeup!!! Just a little surgery where they cut my gums and exposed my... okay okay okay! Too much information. Hahahah. Right: Last night, showing off my new prescription RayBan glasses to my best friend and sisters and my swollen cheek. Left: This morning greeting Daisy and Weezy and my cheek still swollen. My oral dental surgery is making me think of one thing... FOOD!!! I am so hungry.

Last night I was chatting with my best friend while I was in the kitchen surrounded by desserts like apple coffee cake, blueberry cake, apple turnovers; a loaf of artisan country wheat loaf, thin bagels, a bag of tortilla triangles, a box of thin crisps...all of which I cannot eat because...I have to eat what toothless people eat: foods that do not require chewing. I almost gave in. Maybe if I chew on the unaffected side...but then I have to do my tooth brushing procedures again and it takes half an hour...

I tortured myself by sending photos of food to my friend and in turn she said I was torturing her because she started thinking about food. Why is it that I do not think about food when I can eat it and I think about it when I can't have it? That is the ultimate punishment for the obsessive!!! Getting stuck on something!!! Because I am rather sadistic, (oh do you know that the Marquis de Sade and I share the same birthday?) I am posting a few food photographs today. Please be observant. I will share a secret at the end of this post. Hahahaha!

This is what I thought about last night and this morning. I cannot eat these foods:









I can only eat these kinds of food:




HAHAHAHAHA! Okay, the cake is not supposed to be there. I just used that photo for visual balance.




In 2007, I used these still life painting exercises as precursors to the paintings I intended to do to get me inspired. The title of my blog is Ces And Her Dishes because when I started blogging in 2006, I wanted to blog about my passion for Fiesta dishes, but I think I am over that now. I still love Fiesta dishes but I don't collect every color anymore. The reason: I have no more room in my china, servers and cabinets. These days, I just give Fiesta dishes to people I love.

I only drink coffee from Fiesta mugs. I used to match the coffee mug with the color of my my pyjamas. HAHAHAHA!



Still life paintings in Oil on Canvas.

Today is Saturday. I am on call!!!


P.S. To all my friends and family and my young friends who read my blog, thank you!!! I appreciate your time and effort. Thank you for your feedback about my drawings and paintings. Oftentimes, the complimentary comments or personal messages that inspire and tickle me the most are those given to me by the young people. I am so tickled that teenagers follow my blog. I love that so much! Keep up the good work guys and I promise, I will not proselytize or lecture. Ugh! That would be pure torture.



14 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

OUUUWWWWWCH, your surgery sounds like it was no fun at all! Yes, it never fails that when I can eat I don't really care or think too much about it for the most part, but when I cannot, I think of all the things that I wish I could have :D Hope your mouth feels better soon and I love your Fiesta Ware paintings. We just gave a set to my niece for her wedding present. It seems to be timeless.

Jess said...

Hi Ces, Your still life paintings are gorgeous! I love those blues! You look lovely in the photos, such a lovely smile.
I thought 'Ces and Her Dishes' meant you liked to be in the kitchen doing the washing up, hahaha! I'm so glad to hear it means somehting else. I collect jugs but in the UK it would mean something VERY different if I used that as a name for my blog so I'll stick to the one I've got. ;o)
Jess x x

Ces Adorio said...

Karen!!! Today I am determined to be very good about following doctor's orders and not endanger myself by eating popcorn and sunflower seeds Hahaha. OMG, he will cream me. Fiesta dishes are very beautiful. People who collect Fiesta dishes are a peculiar bunch. I used to join a Fiesta message board, I still do actually, but I forgot my password. I have never known people who get excited about spoon rest and square bakers. Hehehehe!

Purpletreebird, Oh my. Let me see "Ces And Her Jugs" nope, very misleading... Hahahahahah! Thank you for making me smile this morning.

Bella Sinclair said...

Good morning, purdy lady! Are you hiding a jawbreaker in your cheeks?

Why can't you eat a brownie? They melt in your mouth...mmmmm....

And here I thought Ces and her Dishes meant you were going to gossip. Pffffft.

Ces Adorio said...

Hahahahah! Jawbreaker! Heheheheh, Oh my goodness. Really? You thought I would be gossiping? Is that dishing or dissing? Hahahaha!

Unknown said...

Yes an excuse to eat EVERY type of ice cream EVER invented! hope your wee mouth feels better soon!!

I loved your stripes ..it was so cool to see some 'in progress' work..boy you have mammoth patience and skill!! and your silence.. I'm so glad your eye is better!!.. no us artists shall NEVER go blind.. that just would not be right! God won't stand for that :)..
I love your tree and the gorgeous brick wall!

PS thanks for your lovely comment on my whale .. I was so happy , then I promptly deleted it by mistake ..haha!!

Annie Lightbulb said...

Get well soon girl friend! Your a brave lady! My nana's gums got hard as teeth eventually so you'll be able to eat what you dream of! Just think of my nan,lol!

Tammie Lee said...

oooohhh, ouch to that surgery! the things we endure!
that fig cake, that is the photo that got me!

i have been making fresh juices lately, they taste SO good! ummm, you might try them.

Silke Powers said...

Ouch! That surgery does not sound fun! And the thought of not eating ... you know how much I LOVE to eat! Have you ever eaten Nutella? I just ate some from a spoon - it has a very soft consistency - I am sure you could eat it! :) Glad you are doing well regardless! Hugs, Silke

k.h.whitaker said...

I'll send you some fresh amaretti, you can soak them in port wine(I like them soaked with coffee, but I know you don't do coffee) and eat them on your ice cream, no chewing necessary ;) By the way, you look lovely without your makeup :)

Dear Fireflies said...

Whoaa...you're posting like the express train!! Slowdown some, lovely lady...at least wait for slowpokes like me! :D :D

Can't believe I've missed so many posts since the last time I came. And those beautiful, beautiful drawings! There's something more fine and rich about the way you draw now. The details are just incredible!! And you did one with one eye closed?? Ugh. I envy "non-artist" like you...too much talent, it's oozing right out of our pores! Hehehe....

Anyway, please, please take care with the eyes and the gums. You need both to party with those yummy dishes. oxx

k.h.whitaker said...

Lentil stew before desert :) ummmm, it'll be ready in about an hour... think express mail will get it to you and it will still be hot? ;) I'm serving it in Fiesta Ware. Seriously, I am :)

audrey said...

Oh, Ces, I hurt for you. I HATE for the DDS to do ANYTHING in my mouth ~ I swell up with oral surgery, too. Enough on that. You will feel better soon.
I like Fiests, but I have none. I collect Fenton Glass. I have a beautiful collection in many colors ~ bowls and vases mostly (I don't care for the baskets). I have a weakness for colored glass.
I hope you are back to normal real quick, Ces. I've been quiet (sick with a bad cold) but I've been visiting.
♥ audrey

Ces Adorio said...

Aaaahhhh! Thank you very much for your comments and well wishes. I am fine. Thank you.

Helen, it's okay. I have that effect on people. Hahahah!

Hi Julie-ann, hehehe. No, I want to keep my teeth, no bare gums. Thank you.

Tammie, thank you for the idea. After I read your comment, I creamed an avocado. Yum.


Amalia, huh? Look who's talking. Who is the one with a newborn, young children, cranks out artwotk in 15 minutes, gets to review other blogs and write about them, visit, ...I am so tired just enumerating the above. Hahaha. Thank you sweet, I hope you are making time for yourself. Tsup!!!

Aaaw, Audrey, I hope you are on the mend. Take care of yourself.
Silke, thank you. I have heard of it but never tried it. I will look for it. Thanks.

KH, thank you for all the virtual culinary treats. 100 pure delight and Zero calories. Hahah!