4/12/12

Busy Busy Busy


Noodle. 4"x4" archival pen and ink drawing on 6"x6" Bristol board.


Hello there! How are you? I am very busy with work. That's all I have been doing lately. Just work, sleep and eat if I don't forget. I go home exhausted and spent. Here's a little something I doodled yesterday while waiting for my screens to refresh and eating lunch at my desk. Now, I know some of you will say, it is not a doodle; but the truth is, it is just a bunch of noodle-like pen strokes. Okay then, if you don't think it is just a doodle, let's call it a noodle. Alright, that is so corny. My daughter will roll her eyes if she reads this. I am really in serious need of downtime, if only to refresh my mind and tell better jokes. Take care dears and thank you for stopping by.





Here is something you can do. Do you admire an artist? Print an image of the work and blow it up 50%. You will see the secret. Just a bunch of lines. What are you waiting for? Start doodling. It's not a big deal. It's only pen and ink. Go ahead, show me. You should see my early illustrations... What am I saying? You have seen them.. You cannot be afraid of the pen. You have nothing to lose. Just develop your own style.



20 comments:

Rod MacGregor said...

I am going to give up drawing and start 'Noodling' NOWWWWW...This is a great Noodle! I am drawn to the sunflowers..the rest is supporting them...high standard as usual..nothing less expected!!

Jess said...

Thanks for taking the time Ces to write this post. I hope you get a lot more enjoyable down time soon, your artwork is so inspiring and always makes me want to pick up my pen! :)
Jess xx

Rick Forrestal said...

"Just a bunch of lines" huh? (I'm laughing at your modesty.)
It reminds me of that Mark Twain line . . . "The words are all here, it's just getting them in the right order!" (Ha.)

We love your talent.
Nice noodling!

Arija said...

You my little noodles are so encouraging . . . of course it is just pen, ink and paper, you seem to forget about the hand that wields the pen or the head that wields the hand and of course, the heart that fills in the spaces . . . Tsup ((Tsup))

Deborah said...

Nobody doodles noodles like Ces! Seriously, while you were waiting for your screen to load??? Love the sunflowers. I completely agree with Arija. Anyone can do it - NOT! **happy smiles** Deb

Bella Sinclair said...

Methinks you must have a very old and sloooooooooooooow computer or you take looooooooooong lunches. Haha! No, I know the truth. And Seurat was nothing more than dotty. Really, honey, you exemplify the Gestalt Principle. The whole is so much greater than the sum of its parts. If this is noodling, bring me some marinara sauce cuz I'm a-gonna eat this all up!

Tammie Lee said...

such a sweet little noondly doodle.
oh, i wish you the down time, the free time you need to do what ever you please!

by the way, I LOVE your blog header ;-)
but you know that~

Ces Adorio said...

Oooh! But I love your very masculine lines in your drawings. Keep on going. :)

Ces Adorio said...

Oh Jessie, that is what I want. Everyone should just do it if they want to do it - draw.

Ces Adorio said...

I am not being modest, hehehehe. I am merely saying there is no great mystery. Tsup!

Ces Adorio said...

Aaaawwwww!!! Thank you. I love you. Tsup! Still, it is just a drawing. Hehehe.

Ces Adorio said...

Well, I mean uploading modules to the database, really big modules...and while thinking... Everyone should try. TSUP!

Ces Adorio said...

Ah, you! I just love you. That explains everything.

Ces Adorio said...

TSUP!

Ces Adorio said...

Thank you!
Blog header
Flying on feather
Up where weather
Is much cooler.
Awhmmmnnnn...

Ces Adorio said...

Hahahaha! Bye! Tsup!

Tammie Lee said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh
ahhhhhh!!!!!!!
it will be treasured!

this forest you have portrayed so beautifully, both in looks and spirit
is near a road.... but i think few people ever think to step into it.... as there is no trail
i love places like that, wild and rich, quiet and alive, such a mix, yet few signs of people changing the way it is.

also; i wear my hair like that- a lot!
smiling, i am smiling!
warmly

k.h.whitaker said...

Well, I love your noodley doodles Ces. You place your squiggles just so and come out with something amazing, pleasing and interesting to the eye. Quite a feet dear Ces. Face it, you are talented ;)

TSUP!

Unknown said...

gosh, this is amazing

Curious Art said...

Your noodles are so satisfying, comforting, warm, tasty & nourishing!