To all my blog friends and visitors!!!
Here are some awards that I have been given recently but have not had the time to pass along. I am happy to share these awards to my favorite bloggers. I have not yet installed the links but feel free to scroll though my sidebar since most of the blog recipients are on my favourite blog list.
I forgot the rules related to these awards so feel free to pass them along to others without the required meme post.
My friend Diana Evans created this award and I am so proud to be one of her first recipients. This ward was also given to me by sweet Bella Sinclair. These two women are creative and gifted artists and multifaceted women. I am passing this award to Arija, Maria, Valerie Walsh, Lavender, Baino, Bimbimbie Miladysa and Melissa, Merlin Princesse, Atomic Velvet Sigh, BT, Chris, Willow Manor, Bella Sinclair, Aimee and Pam
I am passing on this Perfect Blend of Friendship Awardto Baino, Arija, Bimbimbie, Bella Sinclair, Valerie Walsh, Diana Evans, Melissa, Sandy, Mildysa, Maria, Christopher, Becky, Lavender, Pam and G3t Films
I am passing on this award given to me by Willow of Willow Manor to Baino, Arija, Pam, Lavender, Bimbimbie, Mildysa, Melissa, Bella Sinclair, Maria, Pieterbie, Sidney, BT the Crafty Gardener, Aimee of Artsyville, Diana Evans, Rich of G3t Films, Louise, Becky of Deco Lady, Valerie Walsh, Christopher, Merlin Princesse, Chris, Sandy , Winterwood, CAP 2009 , Sandy
I am passing on these different versions of similar blog awards I received from Willow Manor and Bella Sinclair to Aimee, Diana Evans, Bella Sinclair, Mildysa, Rich (G3t Films), Valerie Walsh, Maria, Merlin Princesse, Winterwood, Indegene, Atomic Velvet Sigh, Froggie, Indegene, Soulbrush, CAP 2009, Baino , Chris and Pam
I received this award from Atomic Velvet Sigh and proudly pass this award to Merlin Princesse, Aimee, Bella Sinclair, Diana Evans, Froggie, Rich, Pam, Maria, Arija, Froggie, Valerie Walsh, Emily, Winterwood, Indegene, CAP 2009
I would like to pass this award given to me by Bella Sinclair back to Bella and to Baino, Maria, Lavender, Bimbimbie, Diana Evans, Valerie Walsh, Pam, Melissa, Miladysa and last but not the least Arija.
This award was given by Pam of Textilosphy for the appreciation of merits, culturally, literary and individual of every blogger who expresses him/herself on his/her blog. So I am passing this award to Baino, Arija, Melissa, Miladysa, BT, Bella Sinclair, Aimee, Bimbimbie and Winterwood and Willow Manor
Now BT the Crafty Gardener, (she is really a serious gardener!) tagged me for this meme to list 25 things about me:
- I had a very happy childhood.
- My first best friend was my Mother. I miss her terribly.
- I loved my fifth grade teacher and was so proud to be seen with her. I had a crush on her. She was beautiful, smart, intelligent and spoke English with a beautiful diction. She also happened to be my sister!
- Once my moth...
- I refused to marry the ...
- I dated a handsome ...
- I da ....
- When I was a ...
- I knew I was going to marry my husband before we first talked to each other. When I saw him, the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh my God, I just met my husband." He was the only one who did not propose directly to me. After seven years I told him either to marry me or stop talking about marriage and children with me.
- I packed my things, quit my job and moved ...
- So we got married ...
- In nursing school, a resident was interested ...One day we were resuscitating a patient and he finally declared the patient dead. He wrote on the chart "Prounced dead at (time). I told him that the patient still had a pulse and had Cheyne-Stokes respirations. He modified his charting and wrote "postpone pronounced dead." I immediately stopped paying attention to him.
- I cry every time I hear "O mio babino caro" and Madama Butterfly. I love Christmas carols.
- I am a clothes horse. My clothes get wrinkles just from hanging in the closet. Once, the closet bars broke and I was buried in clothes and had to be pulled from the clothes pile by my husband.
- I have a penchant for wearing my husband's silk ties and vests.
- I like to wear men's clothes sometimes. My daughter thinks I am weird when I do this. She claps her hands when I wear skirts.
- I keep the scarf industry in business.
- The best way to drive me away is to be needy and demanding.
- I hated floor nursing because I was bored with taking care of the same patients everyday, that is why I moved to the ER where I was able to multitask and care for different patients every hour.
- I am very intense but I do not like psycho babble.
- When I love a song or cd, I play it over and over until I am sick of it.
- I love to cook.
- I love dishes and beautiful table settings.
- I love sharp knives.
- My mother was my first teacher. She taught me how to speak Spanish and told me about the great art masters. She loved reading the National Geographic. She was a very intelligent woman and all the neighborhood women looked up to her. When I was sick she played with my hair and whispered a prayer on top of my head. She knew all the herbal treatments. She was also kind, egalitarian and altruistic. A few years ago, we were sitting in the back of the car waiting for my sister. There was a beggar in front of the store. I told my mother that some people refuse to lift themselves up from poverty. My mother hastened to tell me that no one wants a life of misery, even the beggars. They have lost all hope so she told me either to give him alms or ignore him but don't criticize him for he did not ask anything from me. I got out of the car and gave the man fifty pesos. He was so shocked. My mother just smiled. However, she refused to give the aetas or negritos money. They were the aboriginal people of the islands who were stoned when they came down to the city. My mother gave them refuge at our house. They stayed in the garden. Mother told them that she will give them food, clothes and money but they had to bring something to barter like plants so they would be equal partners. She learned how to speak their language. My mother was a polyglot.