Search This Blog: Ces And Her Dishes

Loading...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Avocado


Avocado. Colored pencil on 9"x12" Bristol board.

.
"Cecilia, cilia, mantequilla.
Avocado viente quatro.
Uno,
Dos,
Tres,
Quatro!"
(Translation: "Cecilia, cilia, margerine. Avocado twenty four. One, Two, Three, Four!)
.
One of many name-rhyming chants my sisters and I used to irritate one another.

My chant for my younger sister was:

"Ly-nette, Ly-nette,
panit,
kulanit,
ininit."
Translation: "Lynette, Lynette, skin ,skinny, bolied water."
Sorry Inday Lyn. I am just explaining :-)
.
The Fruity series.

5 comments:

citizen of the world said...

I love the drawing (and I love avocados - mmmm), but I don't understand either of the rhymes!

Ces said...

Cs, thanks. You got them because they are nonsense rhymes in other languages and don't mean anything :-)

Diana Evans said...

oh what an awesome Avacado...my favorite...now I have to go and make some Guacamole...yummmmmmm!

Ces said...

Oh yummy, Diana. I just recently developed a taste for guacamole. I always had avocados in the form of a smoothie and slices in salad.

Anonymous said...

I love Avocado any way I can get it. It's the most amazing fruit. Guacamole...I agree with Diana Evans...yummmmm!!!